I had intentions of starting taping and mudding today. Alas, my creativity got the better of me. I was given an extra pack of drywall from Lowes and had to do something with it. Looking back in my workshop/furnace area, I noticed that the framing that was pre-installed along the back wall (next to the crawl space) was just a hair under 4 feet high. Drywall sheets are 4 feet on the horizontal. Hmmmmm. Two sheets would end up almost perfectly covering the exposed area along that half wall.
Also, I had purchased a couple extra ceiling gang boxes and some keyless light outlets. So before I put up the half wall, I crawled on back and ran wire for two more lights to go in the crawl space. I ran them off of the one light that was back there already and now it makes a world of difference. The real kicker was to look at the crawl space dark and then lit after I put up the half wall (which effectively closed it in and made it... guess what... dark! Good thing I put the lights in!
Plans for today:
notes: I did all the walls, but have a couple odd pieces along the stub walls to tack up tomorrow morning. But basically done!
PICTURES of the back furnace area - 5 angles (3 from door, 2 from window), click to enlarge:
Contact Me with questions or comments about this web site or for a quote.